Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Header Ads Widget

舞狮


舞狮 (Lion Dance) is a form of traditional dance in Chinese culture and other Asian countries, in which performers mimic a lion's movements in a lion costume. The lion dance is usually performed during the Chinese New Year and other Chinese traditional, cultural and religious festivals. 
That's what I read through Wikipedia. But honestly, since I was a little girl, I never watch it closely and directly. I can only see it via television. On January 31, 2014, I had that chance. They jumped, danced, moved here and there, and showed their attraction to many people. I like the costumes, it's cute. In Indonesia, we call it Barongsai. 
Well, as we live with multicultural, one of this tradition still always performed on Chinese New Year. In order to make it more lively, not only giving and receiving red envelope or angpao, we must preserve it. I often hear, Barongsai becomes one of symbols in IMLEK celebration. I'm sure there must be some traditional foods / cakes / drinks too :-)
At THE BAY BALI, many people are interested and excited when they hear the music and started looking at barongsai. They walked and entertained the people from one restaurant to another. 
After that, we gathered together for flying the lanters. So lovely! Happy Chinese New Year, GONG XI FA CAI!!! Hopefully the prosperity, health, and happiness will come to you all in this year. 


  










Post a Comment

0 Comments